Do you think you might have a cavity? If so, there is a chance that you could benefit from dental fillings. At Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates, we are here to help you take care of your oral health. We understand that you have questions if we tell you that you might need a dental filling.
We have different types of dental fillings available, and we will help you find the best one to meet your needs. Learn more about dental fillings below, and give us a call to schedule an appointment.
What Are the Signs That I Need Dental Fillings?
You might notice several signs that could indicate that you need dental fillings. Some of the most common signs that you could benefit from fillings include:
- You may feel like your tooth is a bit sensitive. For example, you might feel some shocks if you drink hot or cold liquids.
- If you notice dark spots on your teeth, they could be a sign of cavities. Cavities can be fixed using dental fillings.
- If you have a previous filling that has become damaged or fallen out, you might need a new dental filling.
Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates can help you address these issues with the right dental fillings. Our team can conduct a thorough exam and let you know if we think you need a dental filling.
How Are Dental Fillings Placed?
The exact steps we follow will depend on where the cavity is located and where the filling must be placed. Some of the steps in the process include:
- First, we will numb your gums. We have a gel that we can use to make sure you don’t feel any discomfort.
- Next, we will use special tools that can remove decayed or damaged sections of the tooth. We want to ensure we remove all of the oral decay before placing a filling.
- We will use a special material to fill the hole in your tooth. We have different materials we can use, and we will help you pick the right one for your needs.
- Finally, we will polish The Filling to make sure it looks beautiful. We will adjust the filling to make sure your bite feels the way it should.
If you have questions about this procedure, we can answer them for you.
What Are the Types of Dental Fillings?
There are several types of dental fillings. They include:
- Silver Amalgam: This is a traditional, popular filling. It is durable, but it also stands out in your mouth.
- Composite: Composite fillings are created from a mixture of plastic and resin. It is a durable option that blends in with your teeth.
- Ceramic: Ceramic is also popular because we can blend the ceramic to match your surrounding teeth. That way, it is difficult to tell if you have a filling in your mouth.
We will review all of the options with you before we make a decision. We want to ensure you select the best material for your needs.
Call Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates for Dental Fillings
If you believe you need a dental filling, we can help you. Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates has already helped countless people in the Methuen area with dental fillings. We would love to help you as well, so give us a call to schedule an appointment.