Do you notice facial pain and muscle soreness when you wake up in the morning? Do you want to protect your mouth while playing sports? If so, a mouthguard can be helpful. Even though you might be able to go to the store and purchase a mouthguard, it will never work as well as a mouthguard from a professional dentist.
At Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates, it would be our pleasure to customize a mouthguard to meet your needs. This includes athletic mouthguards and nightguards. What are the benefits of each option, and how can they help you? Learn more about the benefits of different types of mouthguards below.
What Are the Benefits of an Athletic Mouthguard?
If you are playing contact sports, you must wear an athletic mouthguard. Some of the top benefits of wearing a customized mouthguard from Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates include:
Protect Tooth Loss: All it takes is one strong hit to the mouth to knock out one or more teeth; an athletic mouthguard can prevent that from happening. We can design your mouthguard to the shape of your bite, protecting your teeth from harm.
- Preserve Your Airflow: One of the most common complaints about wearing athletic mouthguards is that it restricts airflow. If you go with a customized mouthguard from Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates, you don’t have to worry about it getting in the way. You can still breathe easily.
- Reduce Your Chances of a Concussion: Concussions are a significant issue while playing contact sports. An athletic mouthguard can protect your teeth and the rest of your head from a serious injury.
- Protect Dental Work From Harm: In addition to protecting your teeth, an athletic mouthguard can protect your dental work. For example, if you have braces, a mouthguard can prevent damage to your brackets and wires.
If you would like an athletic mouthguard customized to meet your needs, our team can help you.
What Are the Benefits of Nightguards?
If your dentist has told you that you are grinding your teeth at night, a nightguard can prevent that from happening. We can customize your nightguard to be as comfortable as possible. Some of the reasons why you should wear a nightguard include:
Protect Your Enamel: If you continue grinding your teeth, you will eventually wear down your enamel until nothing is left. With a nightguard, you can protect your enamel from harm, preserving your oral health.
- Prevent Headaches: If you wake up in the morning suffering from a headache, it might be because you grind your teeth at night. You put a lot of stress on your facial muscles, resulting in a headache in the morning. With a nightguard, you can prevent headaches from happening.
- Stop Snoring: Does your partner complain that you snore at night? With a nightguard, you can keep your airway open, stopping yourself from snoring when you go to sleep.
- More Energy: Finally, you can wake up with more energy in the morning if you wear a nightguard at night. You will have an easier time getting the rest you deserve.
If you want a mouthguard that has been customized to fit perfectly, count on Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates in Methuen, MA.
Call Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates To Schedule an Appointment for Mouthguards
There are countless situations where a mouthguard could be beneficial. At Hassey Do Duy Dental Associates, we can customize your mouthguard to do its job perfectly and keep you comfortable. Contact us today to schedule an appointment, and let us create the perfect mouthguard for your needs.