Having braces as a kid or adult is one of those challenges that people just can’t understand without having experienced it. Whether you wore them for a few weeks, months or sometimes even years, braces were a frustrating, but necessary experience for many kids and adults.
Today, the technology of braces has moved forward with Invisalign. Invisalign are clear, plastic braces that you can use to move your teeth to the desired position. Invisalign provides many benefits over traditional braces and can be used for kids and adults alike.
If you have needed braces but didn’t want to deal with the frustrations of traditional metal and rubber band contraptions, Invisalign might be for you.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners are a set of removable plastic braces that you put over your teeth to align them in stages. Your Invisalign treatment plan begins with an initial consultation with our dental professionals. There, after your teeth are cleaned and imaging is taken, your dentist will order Invisalign braces fit to your teeth.
These braces will come in multiple stages. You will also receive instructions on which set to wear for how long. While all stages are removable and invisible, they will fit your teeth differently.
The Benefits of Invisalign
There are a number of medical and practical benefits to using the Invisalign system. These benefits have made the experience of wearing braces much easier for almost everyone. While it is true that not every misalignment of teeth can be fixed with Invisalign, most customers can realize these benefits.
- Invisible Braces – Invisalign are made from a clear plastic that sits neatly over your teeth. Most people cannot see that you are wearing them unless they are very close.
- Removable – Whether you need to brush and floss your teeth or just do without the braces for an important meeting, Invisalign are always removable and come with a convenient storage case.
- Shorter Treatment Plans – Traditional braces can sometimes be used for up to five years to realign teeth. The multi-stage approach by Invisalign can cut that treatment plan down to a year and a half.
- Cheaper and More Convenient – Since much of the work is done by you at home, Invisalign can be cheaper because you don’t need to see your dentist or orthodontist as often.
- No Food Restrictions – Since you can remove and clean the braces and your teeth, there are no food restrictions with the Invisalign system. Eat all the popcorn you like!
Invisalign at Hassey Dental
Our experienced dental professionals can help you figure out whether Invisalign is the right system for you or not. At Hassey Dental, our team will take the appropriate images of your teeth and help you come up with the right treatment plan for you. While Invisalign is a great step forward, it does not meet the needs of every single patient.
We will work together to find the right plan for you and help you craft a beautiful, bright smile. Contact us today to make an appointment at Hassey Dental!