Root Canal (Endodontics)
Dr. Hassey and Dr. Do Duy have many years of experience diagnosing and performing successful root canal procedures.
A person experiences severe pain when bacterial infection reaches the nerve endings located inside tooth structure. In some instances, this bacteria may cause the nerve to slowly die as it spreads to surrounding tooth structure. It is necessary to target and remove this bacteria, in order to preserve the affected teeth and overall health of a patient’s mouth. In these cases, a root canal is a proven procedure for relieving pain and restoring overall dental health. A typical root canal procedure consists of the following procedures:
- Removal of affected tooth structure
- Cleaning the nerve space inside the roots of the affected tooth
- Filling the sanitized tooth canal with a special filing
- On some occasions, the tooth will be capped with a dental crown
- Information on healing practices to ensure proper root canal recovery
Modern technology and methods have made root canals a less invasive procedure, and Dr. Hassey and Dr. Do Duy take great care to ensure that patients are comfortable and relaxed during their root canal surgery.
If you are experiencing acute pain in your teeth, don’t prolong your trip to the dentist any longer. Schedule you appointment with our dentists in Methuen MA today!